After several years of searching for a more accessible premises for our treatment rooms we suddenly discovered in April that Savills are moving from their place on Merchantgate, York and it seems like the perfect place for us. We are looking for sponsors for any of the different parts of the move or parts of our work. We are moving along with Briar House Resources CIC – our sister organisation, which offers room hire for several local groups and charities: Refugee Action York, Yor-Peer Mental Health Support Group, the Guildhall Ward Residents meetings, and potentially the revived Walmgate and Navigation Road Residents Association among others. The Clinic has been very busy doing our Outreach work for Carers, The Refugees and the Flood Affected of Navigation Road (supported by Joseph Rowntree Association Community Fund for some of them, others we have undertaken voluntarily), and we have formed a consortium with other voluntary sector organisations to bid for funding to help provide a wider variety of support for mental health issues than is currently available. We hope that our new premises will become the beginning of a new Community Wellbeing Hub.
We are hoping for lots of small bits of support from local businesses and organisations to help us get into the new premises, as we have always run on a shoestring budget. Being a Community Interest Company with shareholder investors, we have always put all our profits back into the work we do and no one has ever taken any dividends in the past 10 years (nor the previous 15 years, when it was my own business). So, we need all the help we can get – we are already doing Crowdfunding, raffles, sales, fundraising events.
How you can help:
- Volunteer – help with various jobs around our current premises: some fixing up jobs, and also some admin help needed. Or join the board of either Briar House or The Healing Clinic and help shape the way we go forward after celebrating our 25th year this year.
- Become a Member – or renew your membership from last year if it’s time. For just £10 you get some lovely benefits, including 10% off all of the treatments available in the Healing Clinic.
- Regular Contributions – Contact us to set up a regular monthly contribution, for even more lovely benefits.
- Donations – Spacehive – Go to our Spacehive page once it’s fully set up and donate: https://www.spacehive.com/community-wellbeing-centre
- Easyfundraising – Fundraise every time you shop online, with Easyfundraising and their partners. Just follow these instructions and make the Healing Clinic your chosen cause to receive a small percentage from the business you are shopping with. At no extra cost to yourself!